COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS AND RESPONSE
In our efforts to keep our students, staff, and families informed with the latest information on COVID-19 or Coronavirus, please use this page as a reference for District communications regarding COVID-19 and other helpful resources.
This global health event impacts us all. It requires us to take careful precautions and to follow the advice provided by public health experts.
DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS REGARDING COVID-19
- USD 235 CLOSED MONDAY, MARCH 16 THROUGH FRIDAY, MARCH 20
- Monday, March 16 Update - Lunches to be available for students starting Tuesday, March 17
- USD 235 Closed for the remainder of the year
- SCHOOLS WILL BE WORKING TO IMPLEMENT CONTINUOUS LEARNING PLANS FOR ALL STUDENTS
- Letter from USD 235 Superintendent - March 17, 2020
- Letter from USD 235 Superintendent - March 18, 2020
- Letter from SEKMHC regarding school-based outreach
- Our finest hour - A letter to students from UHS Principal Mr. Reith
- Letter from USD 235 Superintendent - March 19, 2020
- Survey for Parent/Guardians of Students in USD 235 Uniontown
- Letter from USD 235 Superintendent - March 20, 2020
- Changes in services for Southeast Kansas Mental Health Center
- KDHE issues new mandates for quarantine and isolation of travelers
- Letter from USD 235 Superintendent March 21, 2020 - Parents Please Fill Out Tech Survey
- Letter from USD 235 Superintendent March 22, 2020 - Parents/Guardians USD 235 Students Please Fill Out Our Tech Survey
- Letter from Superintendent March 23, 2020
- Letter from USD 235 Superintendent March 24, 2020
- Letter from USD 235 Superintendent March 25, 2020
- Letter from USD 235 Superintendent March 26, 2020
- Free Breakfast & Lunch Program Approved to Continue by Bourbon Co. Health Dept.
- UJH/UHS Student Locker Clean-out on Tuesday, March 31
- WBE Student Material Collection and Technology Check-Out on Tuesday, March 31
- Letter from USD 235 Superintendent March 27, 2020
- Update from USD 235 Superintendent March 28, 2020
- Update from USD 235 Superintendent March 29, 2020
- Update from USD 235 Superintendent March 30, 2020
- Update from USD 235 Superintendent March 31, 2020
- Pre-K through 12th Grade Practice Zoom Schedule for Thursday, April 2
- Update from USD 235 Superintendent April 1, 2020
- Message to Parents/Guardians about the Uniontown USD 235 Continuous Learning Plan
- USD 235 Special Board Meeting on April 6, 2020, at 6:30 PM
- Message Update To Parents/Guardians About The USD 235 Continuous Learning Plan
- USD 235 Continuous Learning Plan Week 1 Update
- USD 235 Continuous Learning Plan Week 2 Update
- USD 235 Continuous Learning Plan Week 3 Update
- 2020-21 Pre-K School Application
- USD 235 Continuous Learning Plan Week 4 Update
- USD 235 Continuous Learning Plan Week 5 Update
- WBE Technology Check-In
- 7th - 11th Grade Student Check-Out Information
- USD 235 Weekly Update - May 15, 2020
PRECAUTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
The District is taking a number of precautions to minimize the risk to our students, staff and families:
- We are asking all of our families to monitor their student’s health, as well as their own. If their child is sick with flu-like symptoms, fever, cough or shortness of breath, we are recommending that parents and guardians seek medical treatment and keep the child home from school. We are also asking staff and visitors to follow these same precautions.
- Our staff follows daily procedures and works diligently to clean our schools thoroughly with hospital grade disinfectant, which kills viruses and decontamination cleaning systems that sanitize both hard and soft surfaces killing viruses and bacteria.
- We will continue to be in communication with KDHE and our local health dept regarding any decisions concerning school closure.
We encourage all students, staff and community members to follow these recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. School staff have access to preventive products like disposable wipes and hand sanitizer to use throughout the day to stop the spread of germs. District custodial staff utilize hospital-grade disinfectants and decontamination cleaning systems that sanitize both hard and soft surfaces killing viruses and bacteria.
- Stay home when you are sick except to get medical care. Children who are ill should remain home until they are fever-free for 24 hours without the aid of medication.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Practice Social Distancing - Avoid leaving your home unless necessary to do so.
USD 235 is currently serving meals twice every week on Tuesday and Thursday. USD 235 has pick-up locations in Uniontown (at WBE), Redfield (Marmaton Community Church), Bronson (Bronson Locker) and Mapleton (City Park). USD 235 is currently delivering meals to rural addresses. Please call Michelle DeMott at 620-238-4968 to get a meal made for your student ages birth to 18. You will need to notify Michelle of the pick-up point or provide your rural address for delivery. You must reside in the boundaries of USD 235 for delivery. Link for families to Locate a Site to pick up free meals for children during the COVID-19 pandemic and during the Summer: https://cnw-web.ksde.org/
The district understands that parents may choose to keep their students at home while our schools remain open. The absence will not count toward truancy, but will be designated as a non-illness absence. It is the responsibility of the students to contact the teachers to try to keep up with work during the absence.
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- CDC: COVID-19 FAQ
- CDC: What you need to know about COVID-19
- CDC: What to do if you are sick
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Kansas State Department of Education
- Bourbon County Public Health
- Kansas State High School Activities Association