I attended grades K-12 in Eureka, Kansas and graduated as a Tornado. After graduating from Kansas State University in Secondary Education I accepted my first teaching position at Frederic Remington High School where I taught students in Journalism I, Photography, Newspaper Production, Yearbook, and Junior English while coaching football, basketball, and track. I later became the Athletic Director at RHS after the tragic passing of Larry Brown.
In 2006, I completed my Master of Arts in Building Leadership through Baker University and accepted the Assistant Principal and Activities Director position at Eureka Jr/Sr High School. In 2007, I accepted the position of Principal at Eureka Jr/Sr High School where I was also the Activities Director from August 2011 to June 2013.
In August 2013 I accepted the position of Principal at Flinthills High School in Rosalia where I was also the Athletic Director for grades 7-12. In 2017 I completed my District Level Licensure for Leadership through Newman University.
- Kansas School Superintendents Association (KSSA)
- United School Administrators of Kansas (USA)
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- Kansas Association of Secondary School Principals Area II Principal of the Year; 2012-13
- Kansas Wrestling Coaches Association Administrator of the Year – 2011-2012
- Kansas State High School Activities Association (KSHSAA) Board of Directors – Tri-Valley League Representative; 2009-2013
- KSHSAA Executive Board Member – 3A Representative; 2011-2013
- KASSP Board of Directors – Area II Governor
- Kansas State High School Activities Association (KSHSAA) Board of Directors – South Central Border League Representative; 2014-2016
I am married to Cristy and am the proud father of two daughters, Alyssa (Junior at Emporia State University) and Danielle (10th grade). They both keep me very active in all of their activities.